How Putin Controls the Internet and Popular Opinion in Russia

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Sep 21 15:30:48 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-21 9:14 PM, rysiek wrote:
> I don't know, man, when I was protesting against ACTA I was carrying signs in
> English too. And that was in Poland. This might be related to the idea that
> once you're protesting, you want international media to pick up the story.

If you are trying to influence poles and the polish government, why the
"international media"?

What it actually means is that you are asking the American elite and the
New York Times to live up to its professed principles and go easy on
Poland - acknowledging that that US is the hegemon.

Nothing terribly wrong with this on ACTA, an international treaty.  But
when you are supposedly revolting against your own government, seeking
the overthrow of a supposedly oppressive regime, appealing for US
support is treason against your local elites and local people.