How much/what hardware does the rowhammer DRAM bug affects?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Fri Sep 18 06:24:20 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 08:34:44AM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> >3. If you have computer near you, can you induce bit
> >flips on purpose remotely, without executing code on
> >it? (lol, AFAICT if you wait looooong enough cosmic rays
> >will this for you for free, but I am asking about
> >realistic attack).
> I don't think an external attack (with particles) is plausible.

You well might be right, but attacks only get better...

Once upon a time, at an open source party some people claimed that from
commodity microwave oven one can made device that (don't remember which
of those) damages electronics and/or severely interfere with GSM
communications at nontrivial distance. Don't remember the electricity
requirements.