Linux Foundation' Linux workstation security checklist

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Tue Sep 15 19:15:10 PDT 2015

 > what's funny is this leads to security advantage through obscurity,
 > where the bespoke solutions break off-the-shelf exploitation
 > techniques.

[I'm behind; this may be a duplicate]

DARPA is actively looking at obfuscation
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=a303af332a90b1e84fdb91d7dd382396&tab=core&_cview=0

Which leads me to ask the general question, what does one do when
something you might soon depend upon can simply never be analyzed?

We can oh so easily return to a world of sorcerers, alchemy, and
faith in powers in proportion to their mystery.

--dan