Has someone examined the leaked Hacking Team stuff for linux/bsd 0days?

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:17:49 PDT 2015

> Has someone examined the leaked Hacking Team stuff for linux/bsd 0days?

If you haven't read this blog from Intel Advanced Threat Research team
(group that produces CHIPSEC tool) summarizing their UEFI malware:

http://www.intelsecurity.com/advanced-threat-research/blog.html

(This is more of a static web site, not a RSS/Atom-based blog site;
their next blog entry might overright this, save a copy of this article
before they post another blog.)

In the reviews I've seen, their stuff was Windows-centric.

You can dump your linux/BSD ROMs with CHIPSEC and search for Hacking
Team's malware presense in your ROMs using the same techniques listed in
above blog.

(I haven't paying attention to the archives of the Hacking Team stuff.
If anyone knows where the firmware volume binary used in the above
analysis is publicly hosted, please give me an URL. Thanks!)