Privacy Respecting Laptops

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:32:58 PDT 2015

What does 'privacy respecting' even mean?

It's certainly a win for the FOSS crowd but FOSS isn't synonymous with
'Privacy and Security'.

If a product markets itself as 'privacy respecting' (is the Librem
*actually* marketed this way) then it had better back up it's claims.

If someone on cpunks asks if it's a reasonable 'privacy laptop' and the
answer isn't a bet-your-life on it yes, then the response should be clearly
no, even if it's 'a nice *n*th step'.

-Travis