How Putin Controls the Internet and Popular Opinion in Russia

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Sep 10 16:57:19 PDT 2015

On 9/10/15, The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 00:52:47 +0200
> rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:
>> Why there's so many people defending Russian system just because
>> USA-Russia
>> relations are not superfriendly is beyond me.
>
> People are so trained to think in binary terms that pretty much every
> possible shade of grey is all but invisble.
>
> Sad.

Sad indeed. A nuanced (from our western media perspective), almost
academic analysis of why USSR fell, due to its internal problems, and
what those problems were:
http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/09/the-three-deaths-of-soviet-union-part-1.html
http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/09/the-three-deaths-of-soviet-union-part-2.html

I add that today, the relevant thing is that Putin on an inter-nation
level is one of the only true diplomats on today's world stage, and
has forged many significant relationships (e.g. BRICS) which have
shifted power significantly and irrevocably away from USA and towards
a multi-polar world;
and I say this is a damn good thing and we are fortunate that "Russia"
has produced someone like this - perhaps not so fortunate for some
Russians inside Russia, but extraordinarily important, and good, for
the world as a whole. USA hegemon had to be ended, and it's almost
done but the shoutin'.