politicopunks at cpunks.org

schism at subverted.org schism at subverted.org
Thu Sep 10 07:09:29 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:10:44AM +0000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
| On 9/10/15, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
| > If its only about politics, why add to the monotonous brain-rot drivel.
|
| One man's brain-rot drivel is another man's "ahah!" moment.

Or, perhaps the lack of an immediate (or at least frictionless) outlet
for brain-rot drivel might give one pause to consider whether it
warrants posting. Perhaps the resistance you feel is not to politics but
to the notability and usefulness of the content itself.

It is my experience that such forks are borne of individuals resenting
the friction inherent of open forums, not of wishing free and open
discourse.  If a forum is explicitly open and yet you experience
resistance to your ideas there are two probable causes.  One is that
those resisting are fools, the other is that you're full of shit.  One
would do best to consider both equally (even simultaneously) probable.