Repbin release v0.0.2

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Wed Sep 9 15:47:31 PDT 2015

Dnia środa, 9 września 2015 21:48:56 jim bell pisze:
> >About Repbin:
> >Repbin is an encrypted pastebin for the command line that runs over Tor!
> >Repbin servers form a distributed network where nodes sync posts with
> >each other (like in Usenet or BBS/Fido systems). This makes Repbin
> >resilient and scalable. Repbin focuses on privacy (encrypted messages)
> >and anonymity (padding and repost chains). To limit spam and
> >denial-of-service attacks, Repbin uses the Hashcash proof-of-work
> >algorithm which is widely known from Bitcoin mining.
> >Learn more about Repbin here:
> >https://github.com/repbin/repbin/blob/master/README.md
>
> Has anybody ever considered the idea of doing otherwise-useful CPU work with
> the power currently expended  by computing hashes in Bitcoin mining?

My dream would be a distributed github replacement (a'la gitchain) where
proof-of-work is somehow related to compilation, running tests, or somesuch.

> The most obvious application would be weather forecasting:  It could use a
> huge amount of computation, on a continuously ongoing basis, and is valuable
> to every nation on earth.  Whether it can be lasso'ed into a bitcoin-mining
> engine, I don't know.

Probably not -- the "thing" mined has to be easily verifiable by other nodes.
How does one verify a weather forecast in such a setting? ;)

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147