Hackers spent at least a year spying on Mozilla to discover Firefox security holes ? and exploit them

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Sep 8 00:20:41 PDT 2015

stef <s at ctrlc.hu> writes:

>On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 12:55:11PM -0400, Ulex Europae wrote:
>> I wonder, is there an A-list of must-have extensions for Firefox? Because
>> "the internet is for porn," and porn doesn't work on text-only browsers...
>
>NoScript, RequestPolicy, RefControl, CookieMonster, policeman, https-
>everywhere, monkeysphere, RedirectCleaner, CertPatrol|Convergence,
>BetterPrivacy, random-agent-spoofer, ssleuth

You forgot the most critical ones, the extensions you need to undo all the
crap that Mozilla have piled onto Firefox since they started on their copy-
everything-Chrome-does spree.  Classic Theme Restorer is the first extension I
load on any new install (even before NoScript), it's now comprehensive enough
that it's probably the only one you need, although Hide Tab Bar With One Tab
is also useful.

Peter.