Hackers spent at least a year spying on Mozilla to discover Firefox security holes – and exploit them

Ulex Europae europus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 09:55:11 PDT 2015

At 12:28 PM 9/7/2015, rysiek wrote:
> > Georgi Guninski pisze:
> >
> > Did they manage to get rid of sufficiently enough spyware?
>
>No. Even the simple things are apparently ignored:
>https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=654336
>http://rys.io/en/53
>
> > (This doesn't appear easy IMHO).
>
>Some things would appear easy. Like *not* removing the "delete
>history after X days" setting. Now in Firefox you can only either
>have history, or not have it at all.

Various extensions have been known to "fix" or "restore" various
things that Firefox should do or used to do, although I cannot
address the purity of the manner by which they do so.

I wonder, is there an A-list of must-have extensions for Firefox?
Because "the internet is for porn," and porn doesn't work on
text-only browsers...

How about a blacklist of extensions to avoid at all costs?

UE