US Pres Candidate Carly Fiorina Supplies NSA, Spying, Torture, Warmongering and Bankruptcy

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Sep 30 01:11:15 PDT 2015

On 9/30/15, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://motherboard.vice.com/read/carly-fiorina-i-supplied-hp-servers-for-nsa-snooping
> https://www.yahoo.com/politics/carly-fiorina-defends-bush-era-torture-and-spying-130015256041.html
> http://politics.slashdot.org/story/15/09/29/220239/carly-fiorina-i-supplied-hp-servers-for-nsa-snooping
>
> According to an article at Motherboard, shortly after 9/11, NSA
> director Michael Hayden requested extra computing power and Carly
> Fiorina, then CEO of HP, responded by re-routing truckloads of servers
> to the agency. Fiorina acknowledged providing the servers to the NSA
> during an interview with Michael Isikoff in which she defended
> warrantless surveillance (as well as waterboarding) and framed her
> collaboration with the NSA in patriotic terms. Fiorina's compliance
> with Hayden's request for HP servers is but one episode in a
> long-running and close relationship between the GOP presidential
> hopeful and U.S. intelligence agencies.
> $500 billion over ten years by one estimate—and an upgrade of “every
> leg of the nuclear triad,”

Perhaps the subject should just say "Money (its corrupting power)".
Impossible to believe that HP "rerouted" it's servers without any
financial gain for the company.

Besides highlighting (thanks grarpamp) such abominations of anything
resembling human decency/ human rights/ empathy/ fellowship etc
("torture is ok in this situation because..." - oh really), I don't
know what else we can do to incentivise "doing the right thing" or
disincentivise "doing the wrong thing". The nature of corporations is
profit at any cost - and the sacrifice of anything other than profit
is the cost.

Perhaps more humans will aspire to something beyond the animalistic
part of their nature...
Zenaan