Windows 10

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Wed Sep 23 05:12:42 PDT 2015

I hate to say it, but Windows 10 is the best OS out there. By far.

The productivity features, like the hybrid tiling window manager, the new
explorer, etc. Are great.

Internet Explorer got it's rebrand, and the new browser is actually
nominal. I still killed and burned it ofc.

Driver and app support was bumpy, but compared to linux it's a smooth ride.
Now it's actually the best in the world for support.

The new design is thoughtful, flexible and unopinionated. High DPI support
is fully integrated.

The OS is more customizable than Linux. Not because it's an easily
customizable OS, but because others did a lot of hard work to make it
customizable.

Security wise it's still not ideal, but neither are Linux or Mac (people
still get owned a lot, lots of third party code through plugins and
whatnot, etc)

Cortana listens all the time, and may actually become useful one day.
People are happy because she's from Halo and similar to the already
accepted Siri.

Basically, we're fucked.

Microsoft is winning through superiority.

To make Linux competitive means making it a LOT more modern. Possible
there's a need to focus effort, and to reduce loc. Basically; fucked.