How Putin Controls the Internet and Popular Opinion in Russia

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue Sep 22 05:10:46 PDT 2015

Dnia poniedziałek, 21 września 2015 21:07:59 Juan pisze:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:14:24 +0200
>
> rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does it not strike you as odd that whenever their is a protest in
> > > favor of US domination and the overthrow of a supposedly oppressive
> > > regimes, the protestors are generally carrying signs in English?
> >
> > I don't know, man, when I was protesting against ACTA I was carrying
> > signs in English too. And that was in Poland. This might be related
> > to the idea that once you're protesting, you want international media
> > to pick up the story.
> >
> > Or, maybe this whole anti-ACTA thing was US-inspired and played right
> > into the hands of our reptilian overlords.
>
> 	So, your protest against ACTA was legitimate (true).
>
> 	And so it follows that US imperialism doesn't exist  and that
> 	the US gov't never uses local people to further the interests
> 	of the US gov't...

No, what follows is that the "they have signs in English, and that means the
protests must have been US-funded/influenced/etc" line of "reasoning" is
bollocks.

Not saying US imperialism doesn't exist. But people having signs in English on
a protest somewhere in Nowheristan is not proof. Not even close.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147