Privacy Respecting Laptops

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sun Sep 20 08:31:43 PDT 2015

OHAI,

Dnia niedziela, 20 września 2015 17:46:18 Georgi Guninski pisze:
> As all humans, RMS has something to be trolled about.

Ah, my pet peeve with RMS is his support for non-free (!) licenses on anything
that is not software. Amazingly, I was able to convice him to change an -ND
license to something else once, but that was... rather silly:
https://stallman.org/doggerel.html#IveBeenAnsweringMyEmail

I still have not given up, though! ;)

> Besides the GNU stuff, IMHO he is underestimated for GCC.

Absolutely.

> Without GCC, besides linux, likely neither *BSD nor
> Apple would exist in its present form.
>
> <TROLL>
> (...)
> </TROLL>

This, unfortunately, is slowly coming to an end, with llvm gaining more and
more ground. I love competition, but I fear possible proprietarization of llvm
and a large part of the FLOSS ecosystem:
http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2014/01/26/llvm.html

inb4 compiler wars

--
Pozdrawiam,