The BlackList

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Oct 31 23:11:25 PDT 2015

On 10/31/2015 08:03 PM, jim bell wrote:
> From: Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.ne

<SNIP>

> Are you assuming that "concentration of wealth" ISN'T a PRODUCT
> of government?

Yes, I am. One legitimate function of government is to limit the
concentration and power of wealth, and ameliorate impacts on others.
Society needs concentrated wealth, of course. But concentrated wealth
tends to subvert government, in ways that support further concentration.
The US crapped out in about 1870.

> I believe AP will shrink or most likely eliminate government,
> certainly as we know it.  Do you know this wouldn't fix the
> "concentration of wealth" problem?

I don't know. But it doesn't scale well. Even with adequate site
security and logistics, and adequate funding, there are too many
assholes that need killing. And I worry that it would be gamed.

Bottom line: I don't believe that we can get there from here.

> And what's wrong with "concentration of wealth" if it occurs as
> a product only of non-aggression?  (Like some capitalist
> offering a better product, for a lower price.)

Only sick fucks are in it for the money ;)

>> Sure, maybe crowd-funding would take down some assholes. But
>> serious assholes are seriously hard to kill.
> If they are truly "serious assholes" then they will piss off
> large numbers of people.  That means many people will be
> donating to see them stop it. More people donating means a
> smaller donation per person will be sufficient.

You assuming far too much rationality.

>> Also, it would provide another mechanism for governments to
>> covertly kill their enemies.
> In order for governments to kill their enemies, they first must
> know who their enemies are.  Merely by remaining silent, for
> awhile, a person can conceal himself as an "enemy" of governments.
> They can use AP to get rid of those governments, silently.

With prevailing surveillance and general cluelessness, AP sites would be
honeypots.

>> I'm reminded of Kim's Shit Slaughter Squad in Burroughs' _Place of
>> Dead Roads_ about killing the assholes.
> Never heard of it. Jim Bell

It's about killing the "ten to twenty percent of folks who can't mind
their own business" and who are committed to being right. But of course,
he's being ironic.