Shiny stuff and designer societies (addenda)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Oct 29 17:29:23 PDT 2015

On 10/29/15, Shelley <shelley at misanthropia.org> wrote:
> On October 29, 2015 11:17:05 AM Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl>
> wrote:
>> I'm sorry, but there's only so much one will do with disregard of self.
>
> That speaks volumes of your character.

I read Lodewijk's comment as a generalised statement on the current
predominant nature of 'Western' (perhaps all) people. As in "how
things are" not "how I am and how I want the world to be".

Character attack is sometimes not be in the interests of constructive dialogue.

Inspiration for a 'better' world is a good thing. Resignation over the
current world is a common thing. Finding a point of compassion in our
conversations with each other is something I have failed at too many
times.

Regards,
Zenaan