Shiny stuff and designer societies (addenda)

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Thu Oct 29 10:18:22 PDT 2015

> You use the word "I" a lot. I aim for a society where "We" is primary.

The idea that you can force people to act in the common interest has been
tried many times. We prefer to have freedom, nowadays. At least, I do.

Game theory puts wrenches in any collaborative action that's not entirely
individual centered. Go let the pigs ravage you, I'll just wait to discuss
an arrangement with them once they're through with you. I just hope you
didn't give them absolutely unmatchable unfair advantages. (footnote: did
you ever see a B-52 bomber in real life?)