Getting embarrassing - Syria, the long haul

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:06:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 18:51:13 -0700
Shelley <shelley at misanthropia.org> wrote:

> On October 28, 2015 6:15:39 PM Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net>
> wrote:
>
> > This is getting embarrassing for "the West" - the so called moral
> > high ground of the West, never existed. Even Hiroshima and Nagasaki
> > were bombed -after- Japan had surrendered, just that America
> > insisted on humiliation of unconditional surrender.
>
> You're absolutely right.  We USians (or Americunts, as Juan says,
> which always makes me laugh in agreement),

	disclaimer of sorts : I don't mean to offend *all* americans.
	Only the nationalistic type =P  (and I fully realize Shelley
	doesn't belong in that category)

> only have propaganda
> "textbooks" in school.  It's not unless/until we are fortunate enough
> to stumble upon Howard Zinn's books or develop critical thinking
> skills, despite their best efforts at indoctrination, that we truly
> see.

	for what it's worth, when I first got interested in political
	philosophy, I foolishly assumed that the US were a 'free
	society'. It took me a while to gauge the distance between
	libertarian rhetoric and reality...