mailing list etiquette violators list

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Tue Oct 27 12:17:18 PDT 2015

On October 27, 2015 10:49:05 AM Razer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:

A post which I agree with, 100%.  Comments inline.

> On 10/27/2015 10:27 AM, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> > <mailto:Rayzer at riseup.net>>:
> >
> >     Have I ever mentioned that "If I were Stalin" the people I'd line
> >     up against a wall for the firing squad would be marketers, and the
> >     psychologists and sociologists that collude with them?
> >

> > geez, chill
> > it's not like they're intentionally malicious
>
> I can hear it now, from the tribunal hall:
>
> > "I vas only following grant money!"

Yep!  Milgram thoroughly discredited the "only following orders" excuse
decades ago.  (Look deeper the initial study they always talk about in
popular media; Milgram repeated that experiment covering nearly every
variable, at least 40 of them.  0% (zero) of participants continued
administering the faux, potentially damaging/fatal shocks when told "you
have no choice." Z e r o.)

> For some people, four walls are three too many. Do you REALIZE the
> amount of neuro-psychogical damage advertising has done to industrial
> societies.

There are not enough +1s I can give you for this.

> Let's start with the net socioeconomic effect of revolving charge
> consumer debt economic slavery because 'shiny .. shiny' "stuff" which
> we'll be subhuman if we don't own, bombarding our brains almost every
> waking second today...

Truth.  Making people think they must have useless crap... and hey,
mindless consuming = economic stimulus, so now you're patriotic! It's
pernicious and deceitful.

This manipulative propaganda has incredibly negative effects it has on the
very concept of self.  It sets up unrealistic expectations of everything
from self image to gender roles.  A complete distortion of what society is
and what really matters in life.

They'll say anything to make a buck, and it *must* be true because it's on
the tee vee!  You know, the home of "reality" shows and "fair and balanced
news" for which you should "lean forward." (Left, right - all are corrupt
and pwned by the same damn corporate pigs. Same hand, different puppet.)

> "Elections" ... What DO you think the US political parties are doing
> with that flood of Citizens United corporate cash? Get-out-the-vote
> phone banks? ROTF!
>
> http://razedbywolves.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-not-money-its-what-they-do-with-it.html

(Intentionally left in the blog post URL. If you haven't yet read it, go do
that now.)

That's a very insightful post, Razer.  If you have to say more than that
for someone to get a clue, there's not enough critical thinking left in
them to get through.

Citizens United... the PATRIOT ACT... gotta love how they wrap up rancid
turds in shiny words.

-S