Russian Ships Near Data Cables

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Oct 26 15:15:37 PDT 2015

On 10/26/15, Razer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> On 10/26/2015 10:20 AM, grarpamp wrote:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/26/world/europe/russian-presence-near-undersea-cables-concerns-us.html
>> The locations of the cables are hardly secret. "Undersea cables
>> tend to follow the similar path since they were laid in the 1860s,"...
>> The exceptions are special cables, with secret locations, that have
>> been commissioned by the United States for military operations;
>> they do not show up on widely available maps, and it is possible
>> the Russians are hunting for those, officials said.
>
> The 'secret' cables are easy to find. They go directly to Diego Garcia.

Probably Russia sending another message. It's the new black: "We have
ways to notice makes you."

Putin is quite the intellectual, and very consistent (some people call
that integrity):
http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/50548
"Meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club" 22 October 2015
- very good read, only true statesman on the world stage today I say.