Vietnam (Was: list sans smtp spillage)

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Sun Oct 25 11:15:48 PDT 2015

BTW, Vietnam did NOT 'win the war'. In the early 1990s I was listening
on shortwave to a relatively rare and very weak signaled Voice of
Vietnam broadcast in English (target nation unknown). Through the fade
and static I was able to discern that the presentation in progress was
an infomercial attempting to garner business for the recently rebuilt
and de-mined port of Haiphong.

They got the business alright. The destruction of Vietnam's
infrastructure had the long term effect of driving them into the hands
of their former enemies just to survive...

Vietnam: From National Liberation to Trans-Pacific Vassal

http://dissidentvoice.org/2015/10/vietnam-from-national-liberation-to-trans-pacific-vassalage-1975-2015/