USA government debt ceiling

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:48:38 PDT 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:32:46 -0600
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 10/20/2015 04:29 PM, Juan wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:38:39 -0400
> > grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Bitcoin.
> >
> > 	And your source is?

> 2015-10-20: https://www.bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

	Thanks. I wasn't aware that ~70% of btc trades are denominated
	in chinese fiat. Assuming the data is correct (which seems to
	be debated)

	Anyway, the original discussion was about the US and chinese
	governments manipulating their own monopoly tickets.

	The chinese government isn't moving away from fiat although
	there seems to be rumours of them linking the yuan to gold
	somehow.

	As to common people in china, maybe they are buying more
	bitcoins (and gold?), but the amount of fiat that's been turned
	into btc isn't exactly big, I would guess. So, saying that the
	chinese are shifting into bitcoin seems overly optimistic.