[tor-dev] Effect of padding on end to end correlation false positive rate

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Oct 20 18:55:02 PDT 2015

On 10/20/2015 07:26 PM, Juan wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:06:42 -0600
> Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> On 10/20/2015 05:09 PM, Juan wrote:

>>> 	I've been meaning to ask this for a while...coderman and
>>> 	grarpamp are the same person? (I'm assuming the answer is
>>> 'yes')
>>
>> Hard to say. But I doubt it.
>

> 	Really? Both use virtually the same robotic, military-like
> 	language, full of pseudo technical garbage.

That's true. But there are many militaries. And although much of their
technical allusion is over my head, what I do get makes sense.

>> On the other hand, you do come off as a sock ;)
>
> 	Go figure. And I counted you as an ally of sorts. So tell
> 	me, whose 'sock'?

I do consider you an ally, of a sort. And your perspective is valuable.
But your unremitting nihilism has been getting to me. And it smells like
sock to me.

In particular, I also have concerns and reservations about Tor. It's
true that the US military funded its development. And it's true that
they probably still use it.

But maybe think of it this way: we have military-grade anonymity. And in
any case, as far as I know, it's the best anonymity tool we've got.