Cyber Guerrilla Warfare, OPSEC, etc... [re: kicks bucket]

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:25:16 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 1:37 PM, The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> wrote:
>> What is the time to a fix and physical intercept on your location?
>
> The Oakland Privacy Working Group has been doing a lot of work insofar as STINGRAY/HAILSTORM/whatever next generation cellular device position tracking hardware is concerned.  They would probably have some ideas on time-to-physical lock.  It is relatively to suss out the vehicles that are so equipped based upon the antennae magmounted on the roofs or the trunk lids.

Do cybers need an ops team?

> Are you factoring street viewing securicams

Cams are surely of interest to those in the field.

> and shotspotter recording devices in?
> http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/21/shooting-crime-privacy-tech-oaklands-shotspotter-equipment-records-voice-conversations/

The thread was intended about cyber operators... people moving
around with backpacks (or on wheels) with wifi, cell, laptops,
rf gear, buttsets, cabling tools, blackbag physical entry, etc,
or even info operators.. chasing valuable paper, keys, objects,
authentication, disguises / cloning, and so on.

But it could be extended to analyze the situation facing AP,
kidnap / ransom, or any plain old street thing where "shots"
or other direct in person action with / against other humans
are involved.

Cyber doesn't have much of that beyond social engineering,
bypass, etc.

> Would the drones be operating at an altitude at which they could reasonably be taken out?

That's probably out of scope for a cyber op. Unless they're
supporting some greater non cyber goal (war), for which the
warfighters would try taking them out to provide cover.

> I often wonder how wigle.net can be abused to track someone...

If they're walking around with the app turned on phoning home
current finds...