Fwd: Ecartis command results: unsubscribe

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Sun Oct 18 11:20:40 PDT 2015

On October 17, 2015 5:42:24 PM The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> wrote:

> How many other people on this mailing list bought a copy of the Cryptome
> archive, saw the logs, and kept their mouths shut because they knew damned
> well that they'd be causing the exact same shitstorm (with the same lack of
> anything being done about it) if they said anything?

That doesn't make it right, Doc.  At least one copy of the archives
containing the logs has been seeded for over a year (that we are aware of.)
 If you saw the access logs, wouldn't you privately contact John to ask if
they should be in there?

That's what Mike did.  Because there is a larger question of whether they
could have been used to forge a slide, it became a more complex matter.
When John ignored him and then attacked him and accused him of faking the
data, he came here.  At that point, what else could he really do?

John says the log files have now been removed from the archive.  If Mike
had remained quiet, as you seem to be suggesting, they'd still be in there.

I don't want to reignite the shitstorm, which is one reason why I've been
quiet - and I'm very sad to see Cathal leave the list over it (I hope Eugen
doesn't smack him for directing the noise his way ;) but this whole thing
has been just too strange.

-Shelley