Ecartis command results: unsubscribe

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Oct 16 15:01:03 PDT 2015

On 10/16/15, Michael Best <themikebest at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. If JYA had been willing to quietly verify that information in the first
> place, I wouldn't've had to publish it. Instead, he lied and said I faked
> the data.

Or, at least -someone- faked the data - he made have made an
assumption. Or his site was hacked at one brief point. Or it's
irrelevant in the face of the arrangement he has for the cryptome
server anyway - he might not control the actual/ relevant logs.

Or you really did fake the data. :D

To assume, to assume, makes an ass of u and me.

> 2. I only brought it up because it was relevant to the GCHQ slide, which
> John refused to comment on except to tell me in an email to keep going.

Good advice. If there's an issue of any sort, it's good that someone
looks into it to the best of their ability. Encouraging individuals to
pursue grievances, or at least perceptions of, is adjectively noun. If
you have nothing substantial, you have to keep going till you do, or
you give up, or you realise people are looking at you strange and
wondering whether you trolled them.

> 3. As John has said, '*What if we harm somebody' or all this kind of crap.
> Which is strictly cowardice.*" When he didn't cooperate and then told me to
> keep going, I took that as his blessing.

Sure. One can imagine you still have his blessing. You still have
mine, and that's one very expensive very shiny blessing, which you may
continue to use until I say otherwise.

> 4. The majority of those extra posts about Cryptome or using the word
> Cryptome didn't come from me,

Just as well or your new feather would not be so big and imporessive.

> they came from people throwing accusations at
> me

The perfect cover for an artful troll. Did you thank them?

> and deflecting from the real point which was the fxcking GCHQ slide.

I've seen slides fade, swipe, slide, rotate and pop, but never fxck.

> Because heaven forbid we talk about actual cypherpunk issues

You must be new around here...

> instead of
> accusing someone who doesn't worship Snowden or JYA enough.

You have everyone's blessing. Well, at least JYA's - mine might be
fake gold coat though, so not really expensive, but a blessing
nonetheless.

I'm not totally unfamiliar with getting caught up in insecurity for
insignificance perception causes.

> 5. Do you extend this same "unintended consequences" for Snowden's leaks
> when it comes to legitimate security issues, creating rifts between
> governments, creating discord among the population, accusing encryption of
> being the reason aliens haven't made contact,

A, penetrating, insight that one.

> making it easier for FIS or
> terrorist groups to evade surveillance that has the potential to stop
> attacks against the critical infrastructure that John likes to take
> pictures of and post?

Of course. Not. Or yes. Or I'm lost in the double negative.

> I'm getting fed up with what feels like endless hypocrisy and personal
> attacks over a situation that I didn't play the dominant role in creating -
> JYA did. But I guess it's more fun to rabblerouse about shit and make
> accusations

First rule of punk - be the fool, NEVER take it personally. I have and
continue to struggle with that one sometimes, but it's a good lesson
if you can get it on board. Hell of a good lesson. Makes those alien
probes go much smoother.

>> Your trolling the list with the basically useless information that JYA
>> sold logs THAT HIS SITE OPERATION MAY NOT HAVE GENERATED (they may be
>> netsol's right?) created a spike in the use of the word "Cryptome" etc
>> on the radar of hackers and spammers, so yeah, you're responsible Mike. I
>> can almost guarantee it wouldn't have happened without you. RR

See Michael, this is simply the best, that moment where you race
around the yard catch the best chicken yank the best feather out and
stick it to the list, or your best hat, and promptly seize this fine
moment as you slowly nod your head, raise a smile and say "yeahhhh ...
I trolled cypherpunks; dude!"

Pretty good effort when all you had was good intention. And now it's
all been fully deconstructed by half a dozen people over a week. Hard
to achieve that in a real bar.

Peace,