Fwd: How to go about sharing (was: one of a dozen threads about Cryptome)

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:26:38 PDT 2015

+Cpunks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Travis Biehn <tbiehn at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: How to go about sharing (was: one of a dozen threads about
Cryptome)
To: Michael Best <themikebest at gmail.com>

Unnecessary for what threats? Who is the arbiter / granter of authority on
'copyright' or 'DMCA' takedowns? What is this 'violation'? Do I, as an
oppressive regime worker, simply need to put 'Copyright the TLAs, all
rights reserved" next to my TS stamp to keep it off your website?

Hosting over HTTP(s) provides neither anonymity, nor metadata anonymity.
There isn't much you can do to change this, except loudly inform your
userbase of these properties, provide them with mechanisms to ensure the
integrity of the resource and provide alternative protocols which possess
these desired qualities.

How do you attest to the data provenance, your attestation or guarantee of
integrity AND completeness?

Archive.org is not 'censorship resistant'.

-Travis

--
Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisbiehn> | GitHub <http://github.com/tbiehn>