Why cryptome sold web logs to their paying customers?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun Oct 11 19:15:19 PDT 2015

On 10/11/2015 07:49 PM, Travis Biehn wrote:
> I'd rather have what you call 'lazy' over nothing.

Look, I mean no disrespect to Cryptome. But I do think that there ought
to be a warning for users to protect themselves, if they don't want
their access logged by everyone and their little yellow dog.

> The ideal is all distribution modes available: "Keep the info off the dark
> web, off the deep web and in the search indexes."
>
> Cryptome shows up on google searches. Your onion does not.

Well, Cryptome has been around for about 20 years, so hey ;)

But Google is indexing it. And it shows up well enough in relevant
searches. But I haven't been promoting it very much.