How to minimize one's damage in case the usa kicks the bucket?

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Sun Oct 11 17:21:44 PDT 2015

On October 11, 2015 4:47:21 PM Douglas Lucas <dal at riseup.net> wrote:

> Reviving this thread. Where's the altruism in "how to minimize one's
> damage"? Why's the model here for resisting economic oppression a
> survivalist hiding in an encrypted bunker, rather than the people of
> Burkina Faso using sticks and rocks (not cryptography) to force
> oligarchs out of their country? In Mexico they were recently burning
> polling stations, but we were discussing hoarding Bitcoin to ensure our
> self-interest? Where's the idealism in such selfishness?

Not everyone believes that hoarding btc and hiding out in a cabin loaded
for bear is the way to go.

Let me put it another way:  we are *long* past the torches and pitchforks
stage in this country.  We can't just storm the Capitol and force the bums
out anymore.  It's a sad fact that the 2nd Amendment enthusiasts are just
going to have to come to terms with, or get droned trying.

For every Edward Snowden and Chelsea Manning, there are hundreds more we
don't know about.  People on the inside who have no intention of publishing
data and doing interviews or shaming officials; they are going to help take
it down the only way it is still possible to do so.  They just don't
broadcast what they're doing on public lists.

Also, some people view altruism as a weakness - and some believe it's not
possible to act in an altruistic manner without expecting anything in
return.  Those people probably live very empty lives.

That's my first and last comment in this thread (and now I'm really off to
go watch Walkers bite it.)

-S