Nominee officers and directors (was: Why cryptome sold web logs...)

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Oct 11 17:06:20 PDT 2015

We welcome NSLs, tango downs, malware, shutdowns, DMCA demands,
hacks, official visits and warnings,
fingerpointing and accusations, subpoenas,
and indictments. If happened, published. No indictments, yet.

"Bluffs will be published if comical but otherwise ignored."

Our geriatric blurb:

Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by
governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression,
privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence,
and secret governance -- open, secret and classified documents -- but
not limited to those. Documents are removed from this site only by order
served directly by a US court having jurisdiction. No court order has ever
been served; any order served will be published here -- or elsewhere
if gagged by order. Bluffs will be published if comical but otherwise
ignored.

At 06:50 PM 10/11/2015, you wrote:
>Despite almost two decades of cypherpunk
>activity I cannot fathom why U.S. residents
>operate sites clearly in the cross-hairs of
>intel agencies. Have they never heard of
>non-resident nominee officers and directors? All
>U.S. resident people dealing with the site
>should be bona fide contractors so they aren't
>subject to either receiving or implementing court orders or NSLs.

 anything.