[cryptome] Re: Why cryptome sold web logs to their paying customers?

bbrewer bbrewer at littledystopia.net
Sun Oct 11 13:19:54 PDT 2015

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 4:04 PM, Michael Best <themikebest at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> That would explain keeping silent, NOT making up lies about me and saying the data is fake.

Perhaps he knew that you would keep the ‘conversation’ raging, therefore bringing it more ‘into the light’ than silence itself would prompt. Since you’ve been ‘on the case’, cypherpunks is 90% this subject matter, and 10% other cruft.

Again, perhaps that was the intended purpose.

Ie, in a different thread about the same subject (after he poked and prodded you earlier in said thread…)

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 6:23 AM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> We've encouraged Best to continue doing what he is doing after using Cryptome
> as a platform, counsel and source of information. He did set up a website, did
> mirror the Cryptome archives, did do further research and announce it widely
> and has picked a fight with several parties, complained of mistreatment,
> censorship, abuse, exposed collateral innocent (ha!) parties.
>
> We also told Best log files are the dirtiest secret of the Internet, none are
> secure, none private, none singular, admins and websites lie about using
> them, exploiting them, deleting them, needing them, stealing them, accusing
> about them, inflating them, rigging them. They pay for the Net, thus not ever
> going away or kept secure.
>
> So Best is going in the tried and true direction, many others have staggered.
> And if determined he will avoid depending on anybody for support. More power
> to the asshole, welcome to the world of disputatious assholes, cypherpunks,
> the Internet, the planet.
>
> Brave new growth to kill off the cowardly old.
>
> Praise and support controls, don't seek it or succumb to it. Enjoy fucking
> yourself, Best, to entertain audiences. Cheers and keep at it.

I don’t know; neither do you. Selling old ass log files on purpose isn’t full of much sense if you’re constraining yourself into thinking ‘inside the box’. JYA doesn’t seem very in the box to me, but hey…

Cheers,
-benjamin