Why cryptome sold web logs to their paying customers?

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Oct 10 17:00:21 PDT 2015

On 10/10/2015 05:10 PM, Michael Best wrote:

>> If Mike had uploaded them without full inspection, no problem. But, as I
>> understand the narrative, he knowingly uploaded them.
>

> I found them after uploading them, as I and the Daily Dot article said.

Also, just to be clear, here's how I would have handled this. So I have
these Cryptome archives. And I upload them to the Internet Archive. And
then I notice that [what the fuck!] they include weblogs! And so I
contact the Internet Archive, and make sure that they don't propagate my
upload. Then I remove the weblogs from the Cryptome archives, and upload
them to the Internet Archive. Then I email JYA etc etc etc.

For whatever that's worth ;)