The GCHQ Cryptome slide could be a mockup/disinfo

Michael Best themikebest at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:59:45 PDT 2015

I don't know but if I had to guess, it's because they have no reason to get
into more specific and lesser charges until/unless it looks like he might
be coming to trial.

Then again, it's not the first time a slide has been challenged:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/11/us-germany-usa-spying-idUSKBN0JP1QG20141211?irpc=932

Germany's top public prosecutor said an investigation into suspected
> tapping of Chancellor Angela Merkel's mobile phone by U.S. spies had so far
> failed to find any concrete evidence.
> Revelations by former National Security Agency employee Edward Snowden
> that Washington carried out large-scale electronic espionage in Germany
> provoked widespread outrage -- particularly the allegation that the NSA had
> bugged Merkel's phone.
> Harald Range launched an official investigation in June, believing there
> was enough preliminary evidence to show unknown U.S. intelligence officers
> had tapped the phone, although there was not enough clarity on the issue to
> bring charges.
> On Wednesday he said however,
> *"the document presented in public as proof of an actual tapping of the
> mobile phone is not an authentic surveillance order by the NSA. It does not
> come from the NSA database."There is no proof at the moment which could
> lead to charges that Chancellor Merkel's phone connection data was
> collected or her calls tapped."*
> Range said neither a reporter for German news magazine Spiegel who
> presented the document, nor Germany's BND foreign intelligence agency, nor
> Snowden had provided further details to his office.

>From the German prosecutor, not an NSA spokesperson.

*Plus*, as I said in the post - *Snowden didn't see all the materials he
leaked*. If the document was forged and not legitimate or a mockup produced
by GCHQ for proposal purposes, etc., it could have been modified or
fabricated *after* Snowden gave up his trove.

Did you read the entire post, or just decide that "If he's not a
Snowden-ite, he's probably a liar or a bad man"??

*Georgi Guninski* guninski at guninski.com
<guninski%40guninski.com?Subject=Re%3A%20The%20GCHQ%20Cryptome%20slide%20could%20be%20a%20mockup/disinfo&In-Reply-To=%3C20151009134945.GA2643%40sivokote.iziade.m%24%3E>
*Fri Oct 9 09:49:45 EDT 2015*