[cryptome] Cryptome has been leaking its user logs for over a year

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Fri Oct 9 02:52:22 PDT 2015

Dnia czwartek, 8 października 2015 20:45:50 Mirimir pisze:
> On 10/08/2015 07:42 PM, coderman wrote:
> > On 10/7/15, Michael Best <themikebest at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Let me begin by saying that Cryptome initially denied the leak, then that
> >> the data was stolen, then that the whole thing was a fake "a lie by [a]
> >> spy-newbie."
> >
> > the lie is assuming these requests over plain-text were ever private :P
>
> That is the key point!
>
> And anyway, all traffic to all websites is public.

Oh for fucks' sake. There are fuckers who do listen in and surveil, etc, but
it is *not* okay to make their work easier. And it is *not* okay to make one's
server logs broadly available in such a context.

Why the fuck are people on this list slamming Snowden and freedom.press for
using Cloudflare, and at the same time defending JYA for sending out server
logs with dates and IP addresses?

The hell is this bullshit?

--
Pozdrawiam,