Cyber Guerrilla Warfare, OPSEC, etc... [re: kicks bucket]

The Doctor drwho at virtadpt.net
Wed Oct 7 10:37:50 PDT 2015

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 02:13:17 -0400
grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the time to a fix and physical intercept on your location?

The Oakland Privacy Working Group has been doing a lot of work insofar as STINGRAY/HAILSTORM/whatever next generation cellular device position tracking hardware is concerned.  They would probably have some ideas on time-to-physical lock.  It is relatively to suss out the vehicles that are so equipped based upon the antennae magmounted on the roofs or the trunk lids.

> Modulo your own movement while on / off air.

Are you factoring street viewing securicams and shotspotter recording devices in?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/21/shooting-crime-privacy-tech-oaklands-shotspotter-equipment-records-voice-conversations/

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-nypds-newest-technology-may-be-recording-conversations-2015-3

> What are the capabilities of any particular chosen adversaries that
> are after your realtime fix?

The eternal question.

> What is your loiter time before you must move to avoid capture?

How would one abscond while drawing a minimum of attention to oneself?

> - You're in soverign territory up against drones and monitoring /
>   locating methods that ignore and cross political boundaries.

Would the drones be operating at an altitude at which they could reasonably be taken out?

> - Cameras everywhere, discretion kept how?

The manner in which Mahmoud Al-Mabhouh is fairly well documented, and illuminating.

> - Locating tech deployed directly by adversary vs. adversary utilizing
> tech deployed by local utilities that serve the population.

Or local tech that has been subverted somehow.  I often wonder how wigle.net can be abused to track someone...

> Land lines are out since you'd churn through safe lines, unless

They are also becoming rare in some areas.

> What are your goals as a cyber guerrilla or OPSEC oriented individual
> or group in various tactical and strategic situations that you have
> an affinity with? What are the greator goals?

Does one /have/ any greater goals?

- --
The Doctor [412/724/301/703/415] [ZS]

WWW: https://drwho.virtadpt.net/

"Wait Dan! I've got something on the radar."