juan's vision of free market WAS Snowden on the Twitters

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Wed Oct 7 09:53:09 PDT 2015

On 10/06/2015 03:26 PM, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 5 października 2015 10:21:31 Razer pisze:
>> On 10/05/2015 02:33 AM, rysiek wrote:
>>> But you do realise that there are different views on what a "truly
>>> free market" is, right? Is it the one where is the least regulation?
>>> Is that the one where the better offer always wins? These are not
>>> necessarily the same, as cartels and monopolies strive in a "free
>>> market without regulation".
>> State monopoly or private is of no significance. Monopolies don't exist
>> in free markets. They exist in CORNERED markets which typically occur
>> because someone played with a loophole in the REGULATIONS of that
>> market, giving them an advantage, and allowing them to corner it.
>>
>> Ask the Hunt boys how that worked out for them in Silver...
> Ah, so the assumption is: "had there been no regulation, we would not get
> monopolies"?
>
> Am I getting that right?

Without regulation you OWN your OWN 'monopoly' in whatever you
accumulate and so does everyone else.

The Hunts cornered the silver market in a REGULATED market, which, for
economic reasons better left to others to explain, cause the price of
silver to decline dramatically and then stabilize and stay at that level
for years .

In a free market they'd just be sitting on a bunch of silver they
couldn't sell and anyone else with silver would go on trading with
others on a more equilateral basis.

Of course I'm making the assumption that really free markets can only
exist in fully decentralized societies that would eschew centralized
trading AND the middlemen necessary for it's operation.