Introduce randommess in keypress timings

Michał 'czesiek' Czyżewski czesiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue Oct 6 07:04:28 PDT 2015

On 10/06/2015 09:44 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> Very partial mitigation might be to type the text in editor, select and
> copy it and then paste or middle click.

There are browser extensions that do that, although they probably were
meant solve another problem (ie. let's use my fav text editor to write
this long piece in a form). rysiek was linking to:
  https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/addon/its-all-text/
(also "set editor=…" setting in ~/.vimperatorrc)

> This likely will leak info about your hardware

How so?

> IIRC I read paper about analyzing the way users use their mice.
> Probably this leaks more info about the user, not sure.

Vimprator is king, I agree. Unfortunately not a viable option for many.

--
czesiek