USA government debt ceiling

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 20:24:11 PDT 2015

  From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 9:32 PM, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> (say, $500 billion), Congress should raise it $XYZ-million per day.  Thus

>Sorry, but debt is supposed to be something incurred in a time of need
>which you are generally able to repay in a mutually acceptable timeframe.
>When you start pushing 100yr schedules, you're approaching lifetimes
>of humans and govts themselves, funny that structuring ;-)
I think you misunderstood me.  I was not somehow "approving" debt, especially not debt of the magnitude of 18 trillion.Rather, I objected to the practice of raising the debt limit in large instantaneous jumps, in contrast to small, daily raises.And, I also objected to NOT using the debt limit as a further lever by Congress on President Obama, and the minority Democrats in Congress:  Congress should allow a daily debt limit rise which is coupled, soon enough, by limits on spending which Obama cannot veto, and which the Democrats in Congress cannot filibuster.              Jim Bell