Snowden on the Twitters

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Oct 2 21:36:06 PDT 2015

On 10/2/15, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 	You know, the first requirement to win an argument is to pick
> 	the right side. And statism isn't the right side of the
> 	argument.

More like, fatally flawed.

Here and there I wonder of possible constitutional clauses
(/amendments) which might somehow "balance" the degradation of the
state, whilst maintaining it's potential or claimed benefits:
 - eliminate politician salaries (or at least set them to a maximum of
the mean (not median) of government subsistence handouts (now -that-
might cause a rapid shift to "a living wage for everyone no
exceptions" :)
 - criminalise campaign donations (like HTTPS, raising the bar?)
 - do a Switzerland/ Israeli "every child must learn to competently
use a machine gun, and every household must possess at least one"
 - legalise at least all plants, probably all drugs
 - more?

> 	re : 'division of power' - the incentives for people who have
> 	power lead them to COOPERATE to maintain or gain more power, not
> 	to 'check' each other's power. ABC of economics.

So how does political anarchy improve on handling this 'problem', or
is it not a problem but a reality we must accept?

>> etc)
>> and build upon them or try implementing them in a more functional
>> way, or... go the "ignore it altogether" route, end up reinventing
>> the wheel, and arriving at a not-all- that-functional variation of it.
>
> 	So, you are willing to 'cooperate' with the current criminals
> 	and justify them while accusing a bunch of anarchist of 'maybe'
> 	doing something that goes against their principles?

It is human nature to gather with or cooperate with those who hold
power, to the extent that it is in one's self interest - just as you
say above about those already holding power cooperating amongst
themselves.

I don't think any particular political system can solve the problem of
the base nature of humans, although I do think some systems may have
better prospects for social stability over some period of time -
although more fundamentally is the state of consciousness of "we
humans" - and educating the next generation to strive for something
higher than the pursuit of greed.

Re education, I do recommend John Taylor Gatto - I read one book a few
years ago and promptly ordered a few more to read, he is that
incisive, on topic and speaks from personal experience 'battling the
USA education system'.

Regards
Zenaan