Snowden on the Twitters

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Fri Oct 2 12:09:14 PDT 2015

On 10/02/2015 05:56 AM, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia czwartek, 1 października 2015 08:03:59 Razer pisze:
>> On 10/01/2015 12:36 AM, Juan wrote:

>>> snowden can't be THAT stupid...?
>>
>> He believe in the 'system'.
>>
>> RR
>>
>> “Any movement that seeks social justice through political
>> involvement and attempting to hold public officials
>> democratically accountable is doomed to failure. The only real
>> way to achieve social justice is by bypassing the state, treating
>> it as irrelevant, and building the kind of society we want
>> without the government’s permission.”
>
> Yo dawg, I herd yo don't liek the state, so yo should build one of
> your own for others not to liek.

Some want to end the state, and others want to be statesmen. Lately
WikiLeaks has been retweeting a picture of Jimmy Carter (I suppose
because the addition of an image is supposed to be extra convincing)
with a quotation from the former president to the effect that he
didn't deplore Cablegate. It is annoying that US presidents are treated
as people whose praise should be sought, along the lines of
"If Jimmy Carter doesn't agree with it, it's not my revolution." I
keep hoping someone will make me artwork of a black bloc Jimmy Carter,
all decked out like a Zapatista and ready to rumble. Because US
presidents aren't amplified enough; we all need to give them even
bigger platforms (sarcasm). Radicals for Jimmy Carter! Radicals for
Pierre Omidyar! Radicals for...