The BlackList

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Oct 31 17:39:30 PDT 2015

On 10/31/2015 05:44 PM, coderman wrote:
> On 10/31/15, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>     I also solved David Friedman's "Hard problem", see his book, "The
>> Machinery of Freedom",  the previously-assumed difficulty or impossibility
>> of providing for the defense of a fully libertarian or anarchistic society.
>

> i'd support AP with a basic income in place. otherwise, the few
> outliers could out leverage even the most widely prevalent crowd
> dispositions...
>
> basic income + assassination politics == awesome future!**
>
> [ **this conjecture remains to be proven... ]

Well, back in the day, I thought AP way cool. But some years later, more
conscious of increasing concentration of wealth, I doubt that it would
improve on status quo. Sure, maybe crowd-funding would take down some
assholes. But serious assholes are seriously hard to kill. Also, it
would provide another mechanism for governments to covertly kill their
enemies.

I'm reminded of Kim's Shit Slaughter Squad in Burroughs' _Place of Dead
Roads_ about killing the assholes.

> as an alternative vision, consider a world of humans sufficiently
> educated and opportunity rich as to view violence anathema to global
> maxima.
>
> this, a much better solution to brute force.

Sounds better to me :) Everything is permitted, with love as the law, as
Aleister Crowley was wont to say.

Hard problem.