VICE Magazine Beheads It's Canary

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Oct 30 21:23:12 PDT 2015

On 10/30/15, Razer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> Americas:
>
> VICE News Battles Canadian Police Over Right to Protect Journalist's
> Material

Great to see at least one media outlet fighting a good free expression fight.

(The subject made me think VICE magazine was doing the wrong thing.
But they are fighting "the Crown" in Canada for their right to
publish, and against the gag etc orders. That's a good thing. They
seem to be acting -as- the canary in the coal mine, rather than
beheading their canary in the coal mine... I guess I'm reading it the
wrong way.)