Shiny stuff and designer societies (addenda)

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Thu Oct 29 18:38:39 PDT 2015

On October 29, 2015 5:35:15 PM Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> On 10/29/15, Shelley <shelley at misanthropia.org> wrote:
> > On October 29, 2015 11:17:05 AM Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl>
> > wrote:
> >> I'm sorry, but there's only so much one will do with disregard of self.
> >
> > That speaks volumes of your character.
>
> I read Lodewijk's comment as a generalised statement on the current
> predominant nature of 'Western' (perhaps all) people. As in "how
> things are" not "how I am and how I want the world to be".
>
> Character attack is sometimes not be in the interests of constructive dialogue.

I said it spoke volumes of his character; kind of up to the reader to
decide what that is, eh?

I'm not intentionally attacking his character.  I think it was an
expression of cumulative exasperation.  It feels as though we are speaking
from different dimensions; just not connecting.

I was also really busy when I wrote that.  I should be more cognizant; it's
difficult enough to convey ideas across the ether as it is.

> Inspiration for a 'better' world is a good thing. Resignation over the
> current world is a common thing. Finding a point of compassion in our
> conversations with each other is something I have failed at too many
> times.

Another reason why you've rarely seen me comment in the political threads.
Misanthropia needs to work on her communication skills, imagine that :)

-Shelley