Cypherpunks is broken - Welcome to Secret Admirers

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:03:24 PDT 2015

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 15:41:00 +0000
Trent Secret Admirers <trent.secretadmirers at ownbay.net> wrote:

> TL;DR, apply here:

> And like the manifesto, we believe in action more than in talk.

> Just as software and hardware can be developed for surveillance
> purposes, so can it be for better privacy and a truly free cyberspace.

	That's unfounded TALK.

> Technology itself is neutral, we choose what to build with it.

	That's more talk. And it's wrong talk too! Technology may be
	morally neutral, but it isn't 'neutral' in a general sense.

	The current technology completly favors totalitarianism.

> The
> reason so little has been achieved lately is because we lost track of
> a fundamental point from the manifesto:
>
>      Cypherpunks write code.

	...without knowing the ABC of politics. That's cute.

> It seems that the original Cypherpunks mailing list degraded into a
> debating society

	I guess people with no arguments are unlikely to like a
	debating society...They don't like to be remainded of their
	cluelessness.

>and very little new code is written. The
> signal-to-noise
> ratio has become abysmal. Intellectual masturbation won't give us more
> privacy - deployed code does.

	And the proof backing your baseless talk is...where?

	Right! It's no-where to be found.

	What you have is only...talk.

> Towards that end we founded the Secret Admirers. This is what we
> offer - for members only:
>
>      - The Secret Admirers mailing list (only reachable via Tor).

	Yep. You get AAAAAA++++++ as far as self-parody goes.