Shiny stuff and designer societies

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Thu Oct 29 11:07:58 PDT 2015

> On 10/29/2015 10:09 AM, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> >
> > It definitely is. A selective enumeration (which it will always be) is
> > merely a political tool.
> Your method is selective, and as I've stated elsewhere seems to revolve
> around your 'needs', most of which have been impressed in you by
> external forces with motives NOT friendly to your, or your specie's
> continued survival.

I'm not sure what the point is. Could you clarify?

My method is selective. Money models reality. I'm just trying to make it
model better. Model complexity has a cost too, but generally more accurate
is better.

> > A comprehensive enumeration is impossible to assure and costly to
> > produce. And who should bear the costs of such an enumeration? Society
> > as a whole?
>
> Absolutely.

I think society as a whole should, where appropriate, set up a mechanism as
I described above. What's the TrueCost of a building being painted white
instead of black? Does white distract, manipulate, affect? Does black? What
about indoor lights turning bluer after lunch? (companies actually do the
latter for improving employee performance)

If you see value in finding out, go for it. But please don't try to charge
me for it. That's just wrong.