list sans smtp spillage

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sun Oct 25 10:38:28 PDT 2015

On 10/25/2015 12:21 PM, Razer wrote:

> On 10/25/2015 08:58 AM, Steve Kinney wrote:
>> On 10/25/2015 11:32 AM, Razer wrote:
>>> There were no "Purges" in Vietnam.
>>
>> IIRC there were, though of course not on a scale to rival Pol
>> Pot & Co.  However, that's beside the point:  I was talking
>> about Amerikan politics, not Asian history.
>>
>> :o)
>>

> I'm SURE the citizens of Vietnam took good care of their
> traitors... To the best of my knowledge there were never any
> government organized purges. What angry citizens might have
> done to Special Forces installed "Provincial Governments" and
> errant unfortunate ARVN soldiers does NOT qualify as a purge.
> What Amerika did to it's labor unionists in the early 1900s
> does though. America's politics DEPEND on the belief in
> "Righteous wars" and I'm here to say The US has NEVER fought
> one. It's a myth.

War is public murder for private profit.  I don't know of any
counter-examples.  Again we are up against a collective psychosis,
normalized by a long history of public acceptance and elaborate
rationalizations.  Sometimes one sees Bad Guys vs. Worse Guys, but
whenever it's Guys vs. Guys the best that can be accomplished is
some amount of damage control.  Everyone who takes up arms to
settle the disputes of their rulers and de facto owners is a
traitor to the human race as a whole.

The "fog of war" has another name, propaganda, and all sides of
every armed conflict write press releases to establish that their
only motive is "necessary self defence," or the currently popular
"responsibility to protect others."  The other side of every armed
conflict always started it, and the regular folks on the other
side of that border deserve whatever happens to them because they
failed to stop it.

Too much factual information about war results in large numbers of
people banding together to have a go at kicking the war machine to
pieces.  So never mind that "ain't gonna study war no more" crap;
study the fuck out of war and encourage others to do likewise.

:o/