list sans smtp spillage

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Sat Oct 24 07:38:41 PDT 2015

On October 23, 2015 7:49:17 PM Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> On 10/23/2015 10:21 AM, Shelley wrote:

> > (I thought it was a joke/troll post & initially ignored it.)
>
> What makes you think that it's not?

 > What makes you think that it's coderman's list?

I reflected upon that after I had already run my mouth about it.  It didn't
seem to be presented as a quote, or a "look at this BS I found!" post.  As
I said, I'd basically ignored it until others began commenting about who
was/was not on the list.

> > I noticed eugen, too!  Wtf, codermange?
>
> > Jim Fucking Bell is on there, but not Cari Machet.  Riiight.
>
> Maybe that tells you something, maybe not.
>
> What set includes Jim Bell and Paul Syverson, but not Cari Machet?
>
> Nothing coherent comes to mind.

Looking at it the other way: which set might include people like coderman,
Jim Bell, Brian Carroll... mk @ desu = liberté.  Nadim K?

If this is someone else's list, it makes no sense to me that coderman would
be on it (if it were indeed a list of "crackpots and cranks.")  He files a
lot of FOIA requests, and that probably irks a fair number of people with
an interest in keeping the info hidden.

Jim: he needs no further explanation.  A glorious thorn in the side of a
bunch of people would couldn't deserve it more.

And, so on...

It could be some kind of tactic to attempt to squelch voices of
dissent/advocates of crypto, sure.  They've been doing such things long
before Snowden found out about it.  Perhaps if I ask nicely, coderman will
enlighten us as to whether this filter is a list of his own or a random
pastebin he happened upon?

-S