Ethereum and Auger

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sat Oct 24 04:53:07 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 08:08:33PM +0000, jim bell wrote:
> If we are looking for interesting subjects to discuss, why not Ethereum    https://www.ethereum.org/  and Auger?  http://www.augur.net/
>           Jim Bell
> >From the Auger website:
>
> The Augur Alpha Preview
>
> After months of development, we are proud to release our alpha version of Augur. This version showcases the basic features of our prediction market implementation. It's by no means feature complete and certainly prone to bugs.Tell us what you think and report any issues you have using the "Feedback" link in the app.

DISCLAIMER: I quickly browsed both and well might be wrong.

Here are some remarks about augur.

Basically I don't think the crowd can make good predictions because of
lack of skills and in addition sufficiently many "crowd actors" might
turn the dice the other way.

There is a local saying that "one woman in general can give birth to a
child in approximately 9 months" BUT "9 women can't give birth to a
child in approximately one month".

Since augur mentions "market", likely the lovely NSA can put a lot of
bots on it, possibly just burning inflated virtual money.

I would recommend to them to try their skills on the lottery or on some
sport betting site ;)