[cryptome] Cryptome for sale with access log files from 1996 for $50, 000, 000

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Thu Oct 15 23:23:37 PDT 2015

--

So, its been a day since this was posted.  It appears as though neither JYA
nor Cryptome have been compromised and the posts and tweets that have

I've been a bit busy today, so - have I missed it?  John's explanation of
why he would keep access logs going back to 1996, when it was posted on
Cryptome itself for years that logs were deleted daily or better - and he
gave an affidavit to a grand jury stating that he had no such files?  Or
perhaps why he wants to sell out in the first place?

If he's tired of doing it, I get it.  If he wants to enjoy his remaining
time on the planet instead of dealing with this BS, more power to him.  But
why go out this way?  The legacy he has built with that site is being
crushed.  Without Cryptome, there would likely be no Wikileaks.  No
Manning, no Snowden.

This isn't just about being identified in the logs, but their very
existence.  Those of you who insist on trying to divert the conversation
away by blaming people for not being behind 7 proxies are just wasting
space.  We know, we preach it too!  That is not the point.

Personally, I don't give a fck if my info is in the log files.  If I did, I
surely would not be posting to public lists about it.  I'm probably on
enough "watch lists" already that visiting Cryptome isn't going to make a
damn bit of difference.

No, I'm concerned for sources that gave info and documents to Cryptome.
For people in countries where they possibly face dire consequences for even
viewing such info (jail, torture, even death.)

It's not funny, and it's not right.  From what I've heard, a bunch of us
would really appreciate an explanation from John - in plain English.

-Shelley