USB killer v2.0

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Oct 15 07:48:43 PDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 03:22 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/14/sneaky_220v_usb_fries_laptops/
>
> ---
> An internet mischief maker has built a USB stick that delivers dangerous
> 220-volt shocks to PCs, destroying them in the process.
> ---

Tentatively speaking, No. I don't think so... The circuitry is designed
for 5 volts, and the capacitance available throughout the device is so
low almost no current would be available either.

> There is a link to russian blog from 8.oct.2015.
>
> In some thread here, jim bell wrote something like patched microwave
> oven can focus "energy" remotely.  Does this method, if applied to
> desktop/laptop damages them remotely?

Inverse proportion. At microwave oven frequency wavelengths
(redundancy?) the halving of power happens within inches, and inches,
and inches.

So... No.

Put your laptop in the 'wave, and set to incinerate for a few
milliseconds and it will no longer work though. Nor will the microwave oven.

RR